i love this game but if only the opponent doesn't play the same cards over and over again. I also wish that there could be different opponents that I can play with. I don't mean like real people.
another piece of candy: sweet fusions
A downloadable game for Windows, macOS, and Linux
another piece of candy: sweet fusions is a fusing card game with one simple goal--to present the cutest card!
~ FEATURES ~
- STORY MODE! it's very minimal right now, but you can play against treat and syrup
- a total of 44 different lonely wolf treat and syrup and the ultimate sweet themed cards to collect
- customizable deck - swap out whatever cards you like! (or choose prebuilt decks in quickplay mode)
- collection+card list so you can view which combinations you haven't tried yet
i've left this game open source, so feel free to use/modify the code to use in your own ren'py game if you'd like. (please replace the art+audio assets with your own, obviously!) credit is much appreciated.
~ CREDITS ~
- art+code+sound by NomnomNami
- additional coding help from LydianChord
- special thanks to cloverfirefly, DarkChibiShadow, and npckc for testing as well!
note: please avoid loading saves from previous versions! it might cause some errors.
if you'd like to show your support for cute little games like this, please consider leaving a tip! i'll invest it in making this game bigger and better.
and please feel free to leave suggestions in the comments for new cards or features you'd like to see in this game!
thanks for reading <3
Click download now to get access to the following files:
- 0.2 update: syrup expansion!Aug 28, 2019
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.
7/10 because it so short lmao
0/10 needs a web version RN!
I really love this game. The system of how to win was really easy to get and the fusions were adorable. I only have 2 real complaints...
1. The "end": I wish that you could go back and fight older opponents after you beat the demo instead of just being soft locked out of the game.
2. I still don't really understand how the fusions do or do not work. What card beats out what. What fuses. A little bit confusing.
Still very cute. 8/10 game.
Ei !! Seus jogos (PC) podem ser baixados no celular? Se sim, qual emulador? Eu realmente quero jogar outros jogos novos !!!
I really wanted to get into this one, but it's just far too frustrating for me to enjoy. It's great to see that you're actively supporting this game with new cards, but in my opinion you should really try to fix more core problems. Issues are listed in order of severity:
- Little to no interaction with the opponent. This is a massive missed opportunity. It may as well be Solitaire. You can't see their board or desired fusion either, meaning that it's impossible to know when you're winning. Having them play first would solve this issue.
- Any successful fusion instantly replaces your active one with no option to cancel, even if it's objectively worse than all other cards in your deck and fusions in the game. This has lost me dozens of matches.
- The game doesn't track what fusions you've tried so far in the current match, and keeping it all those variables in my head is really frustrating. I shouldn't have to break out a pen and paper for a digital game.
- The punishment for getting a combo wrong is way too harsh. Right now, the second component becomes active whether you like it or not. This has the undesired effect of not making me want to experiment with my hand, since if I get it wrong I could potentially lose the entire match. Either let me pick which component I want to keep on the board, or just discard the components altogether and let me move on with the game.
- There are no card effects beyond a flat appeal bonus. This is sad, as weird, card specific rules are half the fun of collectable card games to begin with. Without a way to draw cards, search for cards, or mess with your opponent, the whole thing just feels flat and lifeless. Why bother customizing my deck when all the cards are functionally identical?
Look, I understand you're not trying to create the next Hearthstone here. It might sound like I'm taking this all too seriously. I probably am. But even as a casual game about smacking cute bits of cardboard together, there's just lots of little things that get in the way that I can't just switch my brain off to.
The art and visual design are stellar as always, though.
thank you for such honest feedback! this is my first card game so it's very limited in terms of my design and programming skills--it helps a lot to know which parts are frustrating so that i can rethink them. i'll try to start incorporating some of this in the next update! (a few of them i'm unsure of how to program, but something like showing the opponent's choice first is pretty easy and i agree that it's more fun to be able to strategize with the extra information!)
Glad to hear it! The fact that you made this all in Ren'Py is insane. I can imagine that limiting your options somewhat. For something like this I'd personally reach for a generic game engine like Godot, but that's just me.
I could give you general help when it comes to programming some of those features, but when it comes to specifics, I really have to look at the source code to be sure. I've always used Ren'Py wholesale and never felt the need to modify it, so I'd have to look into that as well.
yeah! ren'py is the only engine i feel like i understand, so it's more like this is the ONLY way i could possibly make a card game even though it's not intended for things like this at all haha.
ooh programming help would be super appreciated--this project is on hiatus right now but the next time i end up working on it i'll definitely reach out to you! another commenter asked to be able to drag-and-drop cards but i was struggling with getting that to function, so maybe that's something that needs the help of someone with more general coding knowledge heheh
If I can find time outside of my own software engineering work, I could help out in developing a cute game like this ;w;
A game team I'm in is also developing a card game (but not as cute as this), so this is cute o3o
My Syrup's deck has no uncute cards! But it does contain... The Adorable Warm Butterscotch!
love it!!! if you work on it it could be a really great game :) witch pastille is a little hard to figure out but i guess that's the same as in the game, haha
i think you should add frosting, and the characters in their summer outfits!
Amazing game idea I had a lot of fun going though this! The only issue with the game is deck building the interface is super clunky. I believe dragging and dropping cards would make the game more smooth or if you would like to keep the game using the text base format at least having the slider stay in place without the page jumping to the top. But this is a 0.2 version I am a big fan of your games and can't wait to see everyone be added in!
thank you so much for your feedback! i agree that drag and drop would be better, so i'll look into reworking the code next time (i've never done drag and drop stuff in ren'py but i'm sure it's possible!)
This is so adorable! Can I add this idea for my school project?
This isn't exactly a game suggestion, but a comic panel of your characters playing the Another Piece of Candy TCG in the web comic would be really sweet.
sigue con la saga de lonely wolf treat >:c
Not a game but a useable idea.
Make the page easier to read. (maybe it's just my eye but it's hard to read :( )
my deck has no weak card kaiba , but it has THE CUTE MOCHI IN A SUMMER DRESS
Being a Nami game, I'm sure it will be great
That's so adorable! I'm so glad that you made this game :)
I'll wait for the expansion!
Omg!This is so cute!I am going to play it right now.
This is so adorable!! I love it! Am trying to figure out how to get the meal where they're all together.